We are kicking off the official start of Fall by re-launching our Tidewater & Richmond Cru blog for women! Starting Monday there will be several posts & stories each week from staff and students on faith, surrender, dating, God’s goodness, waiting, joy in trials and so much more.
But first, a giveaway! Friday(Sept 25) at 5pm we will pick a winner!
Here are the goodies:
One winner will receive:
1. A copy of Jesus Continued[Why the Spirit inside you is better than Jesus beside you] by JD Greer. This book comes highly recommended by RVA Cru staff member Meg Walker.
:::Quotes from this book:
“Looking back, I see now that I’ve come to know God more in the pastures, and wildernesses, and white spaces, and valleys than I have on the mountaintops.”
“The same Spirit who moved in Nineveh and in the Great Awakening still fills the church today. The same power that brought Jesus back from the dead still animates our preaching. People are not “more spiritually dead” today than they were in the days of Jonah or the days of the Great Awakening. There are no degrees of deadness, or any such thing as “mostly dead” (apologies to The Princess Bride). Every conversion to Christ requires the same, glorious miracle of resurrection, and God has not lost his ability to raise the dead. We’ve simply lost confidence that he will do it on a large scale.”
“If you want to be led by the Spirit of God, then devote yourself to the Word of God.”
2. The Life Lived Beautifully Journal. This is an excellent journal that helps you organize your prayer life and provides space for you to write about following Jesus, serving others, and sharing the gospel. This journal has been intentionally designed to help you craft your mission statement, dream big, and plan ways to serve Jesus and remember what He has done throughout the day/week/year.
Here’s a look inside:
3. Cozy fox socks. why not? It’s fall!
4. Four fun, striped folders to help with all your academic organization!;)
5. PENS! because colorful pens always make everything a little bit better:)
6. Plaid & very cute zipper pouch for anything and everything! Thank you Old Navy!
1. You must be an enrolled college student in the Tidewater-Richmond area: Virginia Commonwealth University, University of Richmond, Norfolk State University, Old Dominion University, Tidewater Community College, Virginia Wesleyan College, The College of William and Mary, Hampton University, Thomas Nelson Community College or Christopher Newport University.
2. Share this post about the giveaway on the social media outlet of your choice-Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
3. Comment on this blog post by 5pm Friday night(Sept 25) with where you shared the post, your email address, and your very favorite thing about Fall.
We will pick the winner at random and announce it Friday night!